- If you have had a stent placed in your arteries or a bypass operation in the past you have some degree of established heart disease
- It is important to remember that these procedures are NOT a cure! You need to modify your lifestyle if you don’t want the same thing to happen again
- People who have had heart operations currently make up the bulk of participants in our out-patient programme
Improvement in Risk Profile of those with a prior heart operation?
Physical improvements in those with a prior heart operation
- Improvement in fitness ratio of 23% (p<0.0001)
- Highly significant improvements in Body Mass Index and weight
- Highly significant improvement in cardiorespiratory function at very light work (11%), light work (12%) and moderate (23%) levels of activity
- Significant improvements in systolic and diastolic blood pressure of 5-10%
Posted: January 14th, 2011 under Health Related.